The way they can help is in fitting working smoke detectors, vibrating smoke detectors for those with a hearing loss, expert advice and measures to keep your house safer depending on your circumstances.
The people they want to talk to are:
- those who a struggle to get around,
- those with sensory loss,
- those whose medication or illness makes them drowsy or sleep heavier,
- those on oxygen therapies,
- those with alcohol or substance misuse issues
- those with mental health disorders
- those who don’t smoke safely and
- those who have a lot of things in their houses
If you fit into one of those categories, are worried about fire safety in your house or you don’t have working fire alarms you can either ring the Fire Service or contact Equality Together and one of our Information Team will refer you on for a fire safety check.