At Disability advice Bradford, our information team are here to help. We support and help people with disabilities, carers and their families to find appropriate solutions to a broad range of issues which affect their lives. The following is not a complete list of the area’s in which we can help and should you require assistance for anything which is not given on this page, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We can help with:
- Allocation and transfers
- Grant assistance for repairs, improvements or adaptations
- Housing options- working with a client to enable their chosen housing option (e.g. remaining in their own home, sheltered housing or residential or nursing care)
Health and Community Care
We can offer:
- Representation or casework to prepare clients for assessments
- Entitlement to services under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons’ Act 1970
- Help to access accommodation under the National Assistance Act 1948
- Help to access provision of domiciliary services and challenging charges for domiciliary services
- Help with hospital discharge arrangements
- Accessing mobility services- concessionary travel, Motability and Blue Badge (see below)
- Help to access Community Care Grants, Budgeting Loans, Crisis Loans, Funeral Payments
We can help you to complete a Blue Badge application form and send this to the appropriate department on your behalf.
We have two Information Officers and one Volunteer who deal with Blue Badge applications.
Please telephone and ask for Sue Whelan or Ruth Gray to make an appointment or to discuss your application further.
These are available in our reception area and are available in two sizes; large headed and regular. The cost of a RADAR key varies from £3.oo to £4.oo.
Should you require one of these keys, please ring reception on or pop in and see us.